Your gift supports a lifetime of service
What donors gave to
In their own words
When the sisters personally touch your life and your children, it truly enhances your desire to want to give back — especially knowing these sisters ministered unselfishly to others for so many years. They deserve our support.
The time spent with Sister Ruth has brought us such joy, happiness and a great sense of love. We feel very blessed for her prayers for our family and her warm and caring ways.
Although Franciscan Associates live separate lives from the sisters, together we walk a path working for the good of the kingdom.
I am so impressed at how involved the sisters are in social justice and service ministries. I see the true passion and love they have for God, their community and others.
Although it has been 40 plus years since having Sister Fabian as a teacher she has been someone who has had a positive influence on y life and I think of often. Although at that stage of my life I was not the best student but she always took the extra time to work with her students.
Community care and congregational support
Supporting the Sisters of St. Francis means enabling a lifetime of service. Our congregation comprises more than 400 sisters who — at every stage of our lives — minister to those who need them.
The average retirement age of one of our sisters is 82 years. Even after retirement, our sisters still serve either in a volunteer ministry or in active prayer ministry, praying for the needs of people in the world.
Your gift supports the ongoing living expenses of our sisters including:
- Retirement needs
- In-residence health care facilities and professional care staff
- Safety and age-appropriate facilities upgrades
- Transportation services
St. Marianne Cope initiatives
On October 21, 2012, our own Mother Marianne Cope was canonized, becoming the first Franciscan woman saint in North America. Your gift in support of the St. Marianne Cope Initiatives helps us honor and celebrate her life and legacy through:
- Maintenance and development of the Shrine & Museum of Saint Marianne Cope
- Educational outreach programs and curriculum development
- Special events celebrating St. Marianne Cope
- Communication and publication initiatives in local, regional, national, and international media
Partner with us to make a real difference in the lives of others through our various ministries. Your gift supports our sisters’ commitment to ministering to those in need, including:
- Underfunded sisters working is ministry across the U.S., including Hawaii and Puerto Rico
- International ministries in Africa and Peru
- Peace and justice initiatives
- Unincorporated ministries including the Spirituality and Nature Center at Alverna Heights, and Change A Heart Franciscan Volunteer Program
Vocations and formation
Empower women who are discerning their call to religious life, and provide for aspiring sisters to grow in community life, spiritual formation, and professional education. Your gift supports:
- Vocations publication, communication, and outreach initiatives
- Education, housing, and training support for sisters in the novitiate and formation process
- Funding for Franciscans in Action and Franciscan Associate programs
Annual unrestricted gifts provide immediate and flexible resources, enabling the general minister and leadership to channel these dollars wherever they are most urgently needed.
Your annual gift can be used to support the sisters’ highest priorities, including day-to-day operating costs, retirement needs and medical expenses, or pressing needs in ministry programs. Or it can be designated by you to the program or ministry most important to you.