The Franciscan Missionary Sisters of the Divine Child began in the Diocese of Buffalo in 1927 to help thousands of children of Italian immigrants in need of religious instruction. The community merged with the Sisters of St. Francis in Williamsville in 2003 which, in turn, merged again with other Franciscan orders to form the Sisters of St. Francis of the Neumann Communities in 2004.

Some original members of the Franciscan Missionary Sisters of the Divine Child gathered recently at St. Anthony of Padua Parish in Buffalo for Mass to remember their origins and to be recognized by the Italian Federation.

Read more on page 11 in this publication from wnycatholic.org. >