Let us work together to end human trafficking.
We invite you to join with us in observing Human Trafficking Awareness Month in January.
Approximately 21 million people are enslaved throughout the world. Join us by making a personal commitment. Sign the pledge to take action.
- Resolve to fight human trafficking!
- Learn about trafficking.
- Educate your community.
- Become a Responsible Consumer.
- Advocate-Engage your elected officials.
- Report trafficking to the National Human Trafficking Hotline at 1-888-373-7888 or text HELP or INFO to BeFree (233733).
- Pray. Attend a special noon Mass at the National Basilica in Washington, DC or host your own Prayer Vigil.
Below is a link to an assortment of resources that can help including a fact sheet, prayer calendar and event information.
Please note the prayer calendar begins on January 11 and ends on the Feast of St. Josephine Bakhita, February 8. It was created by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange, California.
We are grateful to leaders in New York State for their wonderful awareness campaign. Read more.
May our prayers and our new awareness help bring an end to the reality of modern day slavery in our world.